Mother’s Day, The Sustainable Way
Exclusive promo codes? Sustainable steals? You’re on the right page.
Mothering Sunday will be upon us in the UK shortly (Sunday the 22nd March) and the associated gifting promoted in supermarkets is often throwaway, single use and covered in *dirty word incoming* plastic.
Joking aside, it’s perfectly possible to gift sustainably, meaning buying things with a negligible environmental impact and a long usage life.
We’re saving you both big bucks and carbon emissions in the long run so listen up for some Earth Rewards fan favourites in sustainable shopping appropriate for mum.
An instagram sensation and a growing presence on the beauty isle, shampoo bars are becoming mainstream for a plethora of reasons:
- They’re great for travelling (more room for snacks).
- Zero plastic bottle waste.
- They last up to three times as long as a bottle.
- All natural ingredients without harmful sulfates.
- They are cruelty free and vegan friendly.
A quick poll revealed the two favourite’s in organic skincare of our following are:
- Sukin – cruelty free natural skincare with 10% off your first order, see the full range here.
- The Ordinary – at first the skincare products can appear a little intimidating if you’re not a skincare buff, so we recommend starting with The Daily Set. The whole range is vegan, natural and paraben free so a great gift for any mums with sensitive skin!
Always a classic, Lush’s whole brand is based on natural, environmentally friendly products. Now with an entirely naked, packaging free collection, bathing never looked better in the nude!
For gift sets why not try a new, scandi-inspired minimalist collection from Grüum?
Their costs are kept down by losing the fancy packaging, with a range for everyone rather than ‘Him’ or ‘Her’.
We’ve got you covered with 50% off gift sets using code EARTH50 for our readership, check out the range here.
With the market for subscription boxes booming, it can be hard to pick one without unnecessary packaging that contains sustainably made products without any chemical nasties in.
The Ecohuman box has £5 off your first box and 15% off an annual subscription with 10% of all profits going to charity!
If your mum prefers to eat her gifts then a box from The Vegan Kind full of both low-carbon-footprint plant based treats, recipe cards and other sustainable products to try might be more up her street. Get £5 off your first box using code VEGAN at checkout!
You can even gift your ERZ!
Help your mum offset a meal out or a few glasses of wine by sending her some of your Earth Rewards through the app!
Don’t forget to check any gift wrap and cards can also be recycled – happy gifting!
- ER Team